Have you been charged with DUI OUI near Framingham or Hyannis Massachusetts?
Everyone makes mistakes, however in the case of a DUI charge, how you handle the situation will impact the rest of your life.
Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious offense in Massachusetts and the punishments are be severe.
Whether you simply had two glasses of wine at dinner or lost count of how much beer you drank at the party, a dui oui charge affects even the most honest, hard working, well intentioned folks. Having an experienced defense attorney at your side will help get your life back on track.
First Time Offense of DUI or OUI
As a first time offender, should you take a plea, you will likely receive a standard first offenders disposition. Every case is unique and there may be additional conditions of probation not listed below.
- This first time offender sentence consists of a Continuance without a Finding (CWOF) which is a non-conviction disposition.
- You will receive 1 year probation.
- Fees and Fines of $1380.
- An additional license suspension of 45-90 days. Note: A Refusal Suspension does not run CONCURRENT with any conviction or admission suspension.
- You may be eligible for a hardship license, 12-hour license seven days a week. Should you decide to retain my services I will help you get a hardship license.
- A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) will be taken for 1 year.
If you fight your case and win, upon order of the court your license will be returned. If you fight your case and lose, the penalties will likely be the same as above. The only difference is that if you lose after a trial, you will receive a conviction.
Learn Your Options. Understand Your Rights.
The best way to proceed when charged with a DUI /OUI in Massachusetts is to first speak with an experienced drunk driving defense attorney. We will review the details of your case, discuss your options and vigorously defend your rights.
Call to schedule DUI OUI Case Evaluation
Contact us to discuss your options, and understand your rights.
Our Cape Cod office is located in Hyannis and serves Plymouth County and Barnstable County including Barnstable, Falmouth, Harwich, Hyannis, Yarmouth and the entire Cape.
Our Boston metrowest office is located in Framingham and serves Middlesex County, Worcester County, and Norfolk County.
We have provided superior legal services to all our clients, and we are prepared to do the same for you. Call us for a case evaluation.