Leone Law Offices

What can we do to get visitation or custody?

Additional Information: Our son, his girlfriend and their baby have been living with me in our Needham home. I took care of the baby while he was finishing high school.  He is now doing online college courses and taking care of the baby.  The baby’s mother has found a new boyfriend and took the baby and moved in with him. I called social services and they said the mom has custody until a court hearing, and we can’t even see the baby, what can we do??

Attorney Answer:

Your son can file a Complaint for Custody, Support and Visitation.  You mentioned that your son was taking care of the baby while taking on-line classes, but did not mention if/when his ex-girlfriend was taking care of the baby.  Assuming that your son was the primary caretaker, he will want to file that complaint sooner rather than later and file a Motion for Temporary Orders with it so that he can get a quick court date and argue that he should have physical custody because he has historically been the primary caretaker.  He can ask for a visitation schedule (or, parenting plan as it is better called now) that will be in your grandchild’s best interest.  If the Court grants custody to your son, his ex-girlfriend will likely have to pay him child support.

Advocating for you every step of the way.

Call us to schedule a Free Case Evaluation.


Request A Case Evaluation

We offer a case evaluation to better understand your situation and discuss how we may be able to help you.

Related Posts

Professional and Knowledgeable

Joseph Leone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was very impressed by his recommendations and I loved how he looked at the scenario in all ways possible in order to benefit me. He’s

Read This

Honesty and Integrity

Mr. Leone is a man of honesty and integrity. Due to a tenant landlord dispute I didn’t know what to do. I contacted his office and he listened and offered his help .

Read This

How Can We Help?

Please send us a detailed message and someone from our firm will contact you as soon as possible.